Home Inverness colorado housing Blind Scottish mother endures years of hell as poop erupts from sink and shower

Blind Scottish mother endures years of hell as poop erupts from sink and shower

0


The home of a BLIND Scottish mother has been covered in human faeces and infested with maggots due to sewage coming out of the sink and shower.

Jade Simpson, 29, has been fighting for four years to get her plumbing problems fixed.

6

Jade is disabled and registered blind, with her fiance Gavin her full-time caregiver
Shocking photos show shower covered in debris, including human feces

6

Shocking photos show shower covered in debris, including human feces
Sewage gushed out of sinks

6

Sewage gushed out of sinks

The problems began just months after Jade, her fianc̩ Gavin and her two sons Рone of whom has a learning disability Рmoved into their bungalow in Fort William five years ago.

The couple say real estate company Blackwood Homes has failed to address the property’s drainage issues.

But the company disputed the allegations and claimed the most recent blockages were caused by a family member flushing the toilet, which Jade denies.

Blackwood Homes offers “accessible, modern, attractive and tailor-made housing” for people with disabilities.

Jade told the Scottish Sun: “We started to have slight blockages and then the sewage came up through the shower.

“People’s droppings have spilled into the kitchen and hall. I feel like we’re living in a sewer pipe.”

She said: “At first I knew they said they were baby wipes – I knew they shouldn’t be used.

“My kids are between 10 and 8 years old – I don’t use baby wipes, and if I ever do, they go in the trash. There was one occasion where I rinsed out disposable antibacterial wipes – it said they were disposable, of course, but I even stopped using them in case they were a problem.

“But they just kept saying that was the reason. It really hurt my sanity to be accused of this. My kids knew and understood that they weren’t allowed to rinse out baby wipes.”

A spokesperson for Blackwood Homes told the Scottish Sun: “Blackwood has done extensive work, at considerable expense, at the tenant’s home to address the issue of blocked drains.

“We also provided compensation to the tenant for the inconvenience. As a result of this work, it became evident that the main cause of the drainage problems was a member of the tenant’s household throwing a large volume of inappropriate materials down the toilet.

“Blackwood has supported the tenant with advice and guidance so that this does not happen again. We note that this client has requested a transfer to another area.

Jade claims the company moved the family “from hotel to hotel” and later to a trailer park for four months as workers attempted to resolve the issue after the initial eruption.


Scottish couple’s new home has had 50 problems – from holes in the ceiling to a GAS LEAK


But the mother alleges that they did not notice that the shower was connected to a different waste pipe from the toilet and sink – meaning the shower later burst again with sewage.

Jade says a probe later discovered that the shower’s drainage system had “worked backwards” – leaving downpours of sewage trapped under the property and between rotten planks.

In emails sent to the Scottish Sun, environmental health officials claimed that clay pipes were “exceptionally small” for modern homes.

And they concluded that drains outside the property could easily become clogged with “relatively minor” amounts of “unsuitable material” flushed out.

A neighbor of Jade says she has experienced similar issues – claiming her bathroom was also flooded with sewage and mold has since grown.

The Fort William resident told Blackwood Homes that the drainage issues had severely affected her health, fearing that the air in her home could be contaminated.

Jade does not work due to her disability and Gavin is her full time caregiver.

She has since been diagnosed with a rare disease of vomiting, and one of her children struggles with nausea, illness and diarrhea.

She has lost 4th place in the past two years due to a food phobia, has trouble sleeping and fears her family has been poisoned by the effects of sewage.

She added, “I have no appetite, I can’t sleep, I feel robotic, I feel like I’m just surviving.

“I have developed a massive food phobia and cannot eat anything in this house.”

Jade claims that Blackwood Homes refused to move her family out of the house.

Jade added, “I’m out of breath.

“I asked for proof that they removed the sewage, and they cannot provide me with any report or proof.

She said: “All this time I was promised that I would be priority and moved out of the house.

“I am registered blind and need to be closer to Inverness for treatment.

“My son has learning difficulties and needs his own room.

“He’s so upset by the change, and he’s so scared to be in this house.”

The ordeal also left her entire family in financial difficulty.

She added: “We had to throw so many things.

“They refuse to compensate us for this.

“All they offered was a deep clean, but it was not acceptable.

“It wasn’t that long ago that I had to get a loan to replace everything, now I’m in a financial situation where I have to pay off a loan that I can’t afford.

“It crippled me financially.”

Debris around the shower cap

6

Debris around the shower cap
The bathroom floor was left completely flooded

6

The bathroom floor was left completely flooded
The couple spent years fighting to get their plumbing issues resolved

6

The couple spent years fighting to get their plumbing issues resolved
The cleaning fan transforms the FILTHY sink that has not been washed in 30 years and it looks like new afterwards


We pay for your stories and videos! Do you have a story or video for The Scottish Sun? Write to us at [email protected] or call 0141 420 5300