ESPN and ESPN+ will give golf fans multiple ways to watch and enjoy all the action of the 104th PGA Championship from Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa, OK, the week of May 16-22, including a new live alternative tv show plays.
Since ESPN’s return to live coverage of the PGA Championship in 2020 after a 30-year absence, ESPN and ESPN+ have provided full-day coverage from the first tee to the last putt of the first two rounds, as well as weekend morning viewing and more gaming and live viewing options. for the historic tournament he never had.
With over 230 hours of live play on ESPN and ESPN+ over the four days of the championship, fans will enjoy traditional coverage as well as exclusive featured band and featured hole presentations.
New this year, ESPN is bringing an additional viewing option to golf for the first time with an alternative television show – PGA Championship starring Joe Buck and Michael Collins – which will complement the traditional television production of the event.
In addition to live game coverage, ESPN SportsCenter’s signature news and information program will have reporting from Southern Hills throughout the week of the event and ESPN.com will provide extensive digital coverage. And ESPN+ will offer three-hour noon practice round coverage programs on Tuesday and Wednesday of tournament week. CBS will air afternoon coverage on weekend days.
A preview of the PGA Championship coverage on ESPN platforms:
Live coverage of the first and second round
- Over 12 hours of live gameplay between ESPN+ (8 a.m.-2 p.m.) and ESPN (2 p.m.-8 p.m.) on Thursday and Friday, May 19 and 20. Play after 8 p.m. will end on ESPN+.
The PGA Championship with Joe Buck and Michael Collins (alternative telecast) airs 1-2 p.m. on ESPN and 2-5 p.m. on ESPN2.
- Featured group coverage on ESPN+, not available elsewhere, will have eight groups per day on Thursday and Friday (four in the morning and four in the afternoon) from 8 a.m. until after play.
- ESPN+ will have featured holeshot coverage of Holes 16-17-18 in Southern Hills from 9:30 a.m. until after play.
Live coverage of the third and final round
- Five hours of live play between ESPN+ (8 a.m.-10 a.m.) and ESPN (10 a.m.-1 p.m.) on Saturday and Sunday, May 21 and 22.
- PGA Championship with Joe Buck and Michael Collins (alternate broadcast) airs 9-10 a.m. on ESPN and 10-1 p.m. on ESPN+.
- Exclusive featured band coverage on ESPN+ (four morning bands, two afternoon bands). Departure time will depend on departure times and cup size. Will air until the end of the game.
- ESPN+ Featured Hole Coverage of Holes 15-16-17. Departure time will depend on departure times and cup size. Will air until the end of the game.
Commentators and analysts
- Scott Van Pelt will anchor live game coverage on ESPN and ESPN+, joined in the 18th round for analysis by the former world No.1 David Duval.
- Hole announcers will be Curtis Strange, Bob Wischusen and Dave Fleming.
- Michael Eaves, Gene Wojciechowski and Marty Smith will conduct interviews with the players.
- Reporters on the course will be Andy North, Billy Kratzert, Suzy Whaley and Jean Magines.
- The CBS announce team will call the game for three hours each day Thursday and Friday.
- Featured group streams will be hosted by George Savaricas, Dave Feldman, Taylor Zarzour, Peter Burns, Will Haskett, Steve Schlanger, Eric Rothman and Wes Durham.
- Featured group analysts will be Mark Wilson, Mark Brooks, Scott Varplank, Paul Stankowski, Suzy Whaley, Colin Swatton, Steve Scott and Karen Stuples.
- On-course reporters for featured groups will be Smiley Kaufman, Chantel McCabe, Carl Paulson, Ned Michaels, Matt Every, Ewan Porter and Gary Christian.
- Advertisers on the Featured Holes stream on ESPN+ will include Grant Boone, Mark Donaldson, Steve Scott, Matt Every, Jeff Sluman and Jane Crafter.
PGA Championship with Joe Buck and Michael Collins
- First of its kind in alternative golf broadcasting to supplement traditional coverage.
- Produced by ESPN in conjunction with Peyton Manning’s Omaha Productions, following the success of the Monday Night Football with Peyton and Eli alternative telecast during the NFL’s final season.
- Hosted by Joe malewho recently joined ESPN to anchor Monday night football next season, and ESPN senior golf analyst Michael Collinsthe host of the ESPN+ program America’s shopping cart.
- Will feature an array of guests to offer ongoing commentary and conversation during live play.
- Guests will understand Peyton and Eli Manning, Jon Hamm, Charles Barkley, Troy Aikman, Fred Couples and Josh Allenwith more guests to be announced later.
- Four hours a day during the four days of PGA Championship competition.
ESPN+ Practice Round/Preview Programs Tuesday-Wednesday
ESPN+ will air Tuesday at the PGA Championship and Wednesday at the PGA Championship, a pair of three-hour live practice/preview programs that will begin at noon ET each day.
Michael Eaves will host the programs with analyst Curtis Strange as well as ESPN reporters, all on location in Southern Hills.
Programs will include coverage of select player press conferences as well as player interviews, live footage of player practice rounds and driving range scenes.
Player groups for the PGA Championship will be revealed on Tuesday and will be announced during today’s preview show on ESPN+ as well as SportsCenter.
- sports center will be reporting on the PGA Championship beginning Monday, May 16 and continuing through the end of the tournament.
- Michael Eaves, Matt Barrie, Sage Steele and Scott Van Pelt will anchor the reports, joined by ESPN golf analysts and reporters including North, Strange, Collins, Wojciechowski and Smith of Southern Hills.
- During live play Thursday and Friday morning, Steele and Barrie, regular anchors on the midday ET edition of sports centerwill host live reports from the PGA Championship on SportsCenter every half hour between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. They will be joined by a guest analyst Susie Whaleformer president of the PGA of America and player of the PGA Champions I f sluman.
The PGA Championship on ESPN.com
ESPN.com will have exclusive news, columns and analysis before, during and after the PGA Championship.
The PGA Championship on Rise
The ESPN Morning Program Rise (weekday mornings, 8-10 a.m. on ESPN), hosted by Mike Greenberg, will have live interviews with ESPN analysts and PGA Championship reporters during the week of the event.
The PGA Championship on ESPN Audio
ESPN radio programs will have live interviews from the PGA Championship with golf analysts and ESPN reporters throughout the week.
america shopping cart
The ESPN+ program america shopping cart, hosted by Michael Collins, will get a glimpse of the PGA Championship in the new episode which begins airing the week of the event. Collins meets rising PGA TOUR star Abraham Ancer, who is looking to put himself and Mexico on the major league map. Collins visits the iconic Southern Hills Country Club with the caddy who knows it best, reflects on how golf has changed for LPGA superstar Danielle Kang five years after her major win at the 2017 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship, and goes beard to beard with the NFL quarterback and fellow facial hair enthusiast, Ryan Fitzpatrick.
PGA Championship Movies on ESPN+
An archive of 36 official PGA Championship films, documenting the most memorable and exciting PGA Championships, is available on demand on ESPN+. The collection includes Tiger Woods’ epic victory at Valhalla in 2000, Bob Tway’s holeshot from a bunker in Inverness to beat Greg Norman in 1986, Collin Morikawa winning his first major at Harding Park in 2020, and more.
ESPN International Coverage – Latin America and the Caribbean
ESPN’s coverage of the PGA Championship will be available in 50 countries, and fans will be able to watch wall-to-wall coverage across ESPN’s television, online, mobile and broadband platforms.
- In Latin America and the Caribbean, ESPN will air more than 25 hours of live coverage of the PGA Championship on its linear channels across the region in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Digitally, STAR+ – ESPN’s new direct-to-consumer platform available in Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking Latin America, and ESPN’s broadband service in the Caribbean – ESPN Play – will carry network simulcast coverage of the PGA Championship. .
- Additionally, starting Tuesday, May 17, STAR+ and ESPN Play will deliver hundreds of hours of exclusive live coverage, including live coverage of practice rounds, player interviews, and comprehensive live coverage of featured bands and featured holes during all four rounds of the event. .
ESPN International Coverage – Canada
- TSN’s PGA Championship coverage begins Tuesday with “Tuesday at the PGA Championship.”
- TSN will provide live coverage of all four rounds on its linear channels in Canada.
- Exclusive live digital wall-to-wall streams – including featured bands and featured holes – will air on TSN’s digital platforms: TSN.ca and the TSN app.
- Canadian professional golfer Graham Delaet and journalist Bob Weeks will be on hand to provide live PGA Championship updates and analysis for SportsCentre.